Crowned the #1 Porn Star In The World in the "Genesis Top 100" and “The New Queen Of X” by the Girls Of Penthouse magazine, Wicked Pictures contract superstar and Penthouse Pet Stormy Daniels redefined the very term “superstar” thanks to “Operation Desert Stormy,” one of the most ambitious projects of her career as a writer, director, and performer. The movie’s blend of eroticism, humor, and explosive action led the critics at Adult DVD Empire to call it “the greatest porn movie ever made.” It’s a distinction that she plans to not only match, but top, with “Operation Tropical Stormy,” currently in post-production for a 2009 release. And speaking of 2009, the current AVN nominations speak to the richness of her talent as both a performer and filmmaker as well, with her fine work in Michael Raven’s “The Wicked” earning her a richly deserved “Best Supporting Actress” mention while “Predator 2: The Return,” which she wrote, directed, and starred in was rewarded with a Best All Girl Release nom. And her iconic influence on the Pop Culture zeitgeist was once again recognized with a nomination for the Jenna Jameson Crossover Star Of The Year award.
This current acclaim rivals her 2008 tally, her talent and influence acknowledged with nominations in categories as diverse as Best Actress – Video (for Michael Raven’s “Black Widow”), Director Of The Year (Body Of Work), Female Performer Of The Year, and, as befits someone with such a high mainstream media profile, the Jenna Jameson Crossover Star Of The Year award – which she also won. Other high profile performing accolades have included AEBN’s Performer Of The Year for 2007, AFW’s Actress Of The Year 2008, and NightMoves Best Actress awards for 2004 and 2006. Stormy has been steadily receiving such recognition for nearly five years. She won AVN’s coveted Best New Starlet award in 2004, and received noms for her fine work in both "Eternity" and "Space Nuts.” The latter was featured in HBO's popular "Pornucopia," and also led to her getting roles in both Judd Apatow's $100 million-grossing Steve Carell blockbuster "The 40 Year Old Virgin," and its semi-sequel, "Knocked Up."
While any look at Stormy's career is bound to emphasize stardom and glamour, there are many other facets to the woman as well. An inventive writer, she was only with Wicked for four months when she wrote her first screenplay, “Kink." Her contract was soon expanded to include writing. She directed her first film, “One Night In Vegas” in 2004, and true recognition of her diverse talents came at the 2006 AVN Awards, where she won both Best Screenplay and Best Supporting Actress for "The Camp Cuddly Pines Power Tool Massacre." The continuously high quality of work earned an impressive roster of 2007 AVN nominations as well, including Best Director - Video (for "Gossip"), Crossover Star Of The Year, Best Actress - Video (for "Taken"), Best Screenplay - Video (for "3 Wishes"), and Contract Star Of The Year, which she also won. Further directorial validation came with awards for Best Feature Director from CAVR (2006 and 2007), XRCO’s Best Director – Features (2008), FAME Awards Favorite Director (2008), and two from NightMoves – Best New Director (2004) and Best Director (2006).
Eager to share her story with the world, Stormy wrote of her successful transition from actress to director in Carly Milne’s “Naked Ambition.” She has walked the red carpet at the Grammys, graced the pages of Playboy Mexico and Penthouse, performed live comedy with SNL veteran Tim Meadows, appeared in the video for Maroon 5’s “Wake Up Call,” played a recurring role on "Dirt" with Courteney Cox (now out on DVD), appeared on “Nightline and “Mind Of Mencia,” and joined Wicked’s Joy King on AMC’s “Sunday Morning Shootout.” She has also lobbied with King in Washington DC on behalf of the Association of Sites Advocating Child Protection (she stars in their PSAs as well), is a guest blogger for the Independent Film Channel (www.ifc.com). She’s received magazine coverage in everything from TIME and GQ to US Weekly and FHM. Her copious mainstream success has earned her trophies as AVN’s Crossover Star Of The Year 2008, the XRCO’s Mainstream Media Favorite for 2006 and 2008, AFW’s Crossover Performer Of The Year 2006, and XBIZ’s Crossover Star Of The Year 2006.
With “Predator 2: The Return” earning raves and “Operation Tropical Stormy” and “Predator 3: The Final Chapter” on the horizon, Stormy Daniels continues to look to the future and grow in a business she loves.
Watch Stormy in action here.
Awards & Nominations:
- 2003 Adam Film World Contract - Babe of the Year
- 2004 NightMoves - Best Actress
- 2004 AVN Award - Best New Starlet
- 2005 NightMoves - Best New Director
- 2005 CAVR - Star of the Year
- 2006 CAVR - Best Feature Director
- 2006 NightMoves - Best Actress
- 2006 Exotic Dancer Adult Movie Feature Of The Year
- 2006 Temptation Awards - Best Actress
- 2006 F.A.M.E. Award - Favorite Breasts
- 2006 AVN Award - Best Supporting Actress (Video)
- 2006 AVN Award - Best Screenplay
- 2006 Adam Film World Crossover Performer of the Year
- 2006 XRCO Award - Mainstream Adult Media Favorite
- 2007 CAVR- Best Feature Director
- 2007 F.A.M.E. Award - Favorite Breasts
- 2007 Golden G-String Award
- 2007 AEBN Performer of the Year
- 2007 AVN Award - Contract Star of the Year
- 2008 AVN Award - Crossover Star of the Year
- 2008 XBIZ Award - Crossover Star of the Year
- 2008 Adam Film World Actress of the Year
- 2008 XRCO Award - Mainstream Adult Media Favorite
- 2008 XRCO Award - Best Director - Features
- 2008 F.A.M.E. Award - Favorite Director
- 2008 Night Moves Adult Entertainment Award – Best Director, Fans' Choice
- 2008 Night Moves Adult Entertainment Award – Best Director, Editors' Choice
- 2009 F.A.M.E. Award - Favorite Breasts
- 2009 Free Speech Coalition Positive Image Award